Thursday, December 15, 2011

Scrapping the Fear!

   As a wedding gift from a few families in my ward, I got a wonderful starter scrapbook kit. It includes a cute album, TONS of fun paper, cut outs, stickers, fancy scissors, and a lot more fun stuff that it would take me ages to describe. This kit got me really excited seeing all the cute things it had in it and considering how much time it must have taken someone to put together. Despite the fact that I am completely and utterly artistically challenged, I decided that I wanted to try something new. I decided that I wanted to try some scrap booking! My goal is to fill the album (I think it holds 20 pages) even if it looks terrible or I think I stink at it. If that was the only scrap booking I ever did, I'd still feel good that I did that! Sometimes it's fun to just sit at the table and decide how I'm going to do the next page while Parker is doing homework next to me or something. Anyways... Here are the pages I've done so far! This page has just a few pictures that I had from fun things. The flowers are the first flowers that Parker ever gave me!
These next few pages are just some pictures that we took when Parker came to Boise for the first time. It was lucky that we took those pictures because it turned out once we got engaged, we never had time or anything to take actual engagement pictures. So they served a dual purpose =]



The next two pages are some fun pictures I had from when we went to Hawaii. And yes... this includes the Proposal! =] 






This next page is the last one I have done.. I still have a long ways to go and a lot more pics to scrapbook! But they are the first few pics from the temple. So basically when we came out the doors from being sealed. I won't lie... I think this page is my favorite!


 Oops.. sorry that last picture's sideways. Anyways, that's been pretty fun and I'll post more pics of pages as I finish them! 
  In other news... We got our first Christmas tree put up and decorated! It's nothing too fabulous, but nonetheless, it's ours =] Parker was gone last weekend for a few days, so with the help of my brother in law and his wife, we put it up and decorated it so it was up to surprise Parker when he got home. That was fun!
  Also, along with trying new things, I've been trying different things in my cooking! I made the breadsticks that my mom always makes and they turned out pretty good! It boosted my cooking confidence a little. Anyways... the other exciting news is that the semester ended today!! I'm DONE for a few weeks =] I am soooo looking forward to a break with no homework and being able to just chill out! (aside from working that is...) It'll be great!

2 comments:

  1. I love pretty paper! That's a cool wedding gift. And congrats on the breadsticks! Your mom is an awesome cook... it can be pretty intimidating to try to imitate her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scrapping - you rule! I love your goal of doing it no matter what. I have done a few pages of Amalie's baby book and my other kids may never get anything. Sad but true. :)

    ReplyDelete